Google+ What I Made Today: Kitchen Play

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kitchen Play

Today, after the tasks of utilitarian responsibility were managed, I made kitchen play. I made bread. I made pasta sauce. I cooked barley. I stepped outdoors time and again to make love with non-stop autumn drizzle that blessed my little acre. I made time to admire the most recent earthbound gifts to come my way ... three 1950s aprons from my mom which I will gently soak and hang out to dry when the rain stops ... and a salt and pepper shaker set from my friend Annie, a set that belonged to her grandmother who shared some semblance of my name.


I made time (as I will every day in October) to visit Mrs. B’s 31 Days of Halloween to enjoy the day’s blog links and enter in today’s give-aways. Today you could win a vampire style belly dance vest or a cute set of Skele-pins or a lovely full moon print from Spirit Fox Photography!


By the way, yesterday, I was a winner - how freakin’ cool is that? I won the beautiful Divination Kit made by Cauan - Lucky me!


And tonight I'll be watching Revenge of the Creature and honoring the blessings of the October moon, full and ripe with melancholy madness, of a variety that only final harvests do offer.


Ashe. Ashe.

6 comments:

Divaeva said...

**hugs**

Cauan said...

congratulations ! i know that you'll like the kit.
tomorrow i'll do my monthly full moon ritual, and of course that i'll bless the items of the kit. After that i'll send to you ;

could you give me your email? its easier if I wanna talk with you.

here is mine : cauan_correa@hotmail.com ;

Kisses

)O(

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your win and I hope you have luck in the other giveaways too!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks - on all counts - to all of you! :D

Tammie Lee said...

Full Moon blessings to you. Last night the moon revealed its beauty on and off through mystical clouds. Congrats on your win. I will have a give away on the 13th and a post there on the 10th. She is fun. xo to you.

Comfrey Cottages said...

very cool to get three wonderful aprons from your mom! the salt and pepper shakers are adorable:) sounds like you were busy, yet truly enjoying your day:) thanks for sharing! the harvest moon is so gorgeous tonight:) big herbal and honey hugs to you