Google+ What I Made Today: More of the Same … and Then Some

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More of the Same … and Then Some


Today I owe a loving dose of gratitude to my friend, Sherrie, who came to visit and help me cut up the last of the tomatillos. Together we chopped them along with onion, garlic and hot peppers and got another two and a half quarts of salsa verde fermenting.

Two heads of cabbage were also prepared, and a half gallon batch of sauerkraut started too.


It was excellent help and perfect company as we chatted, caught up, chopped, sipped tea, sampled the fresh-made salsa and the batch that was started a couple of days ago which seemed to evoke some misty memories. In any event, it's gonna be so good! And she went home with a wee jar of fermented salsa to enjoy at her leisure.

That's what I made today. Peace.

9 comments:

Bippity Boppity Glue said...

Sounds like a great time!

Vincent James Pia said...

That looks very pretty-ful! :-)

The Bead Stylist said...

How great are you to share such goodies with your friends...sounds like a great time and the pictures are terrific...!

JDConwell said...

So you made a nice memory x 2 as well as lovely food.

Anonymous said...

a great way to spend time with a friend ;-)

Healing Woman said...

I'm going to look for the book you recommended on "food as medicine" as I surely think it is. You are industrious and yet have fun too. Nice combination and you salsa verde looks delicious.

Tammie Lee said...

oh yum and good visit too.
i would love to do that with you ~

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

It's very pretty.

Susan W said...

Lord, it's been years since I've done any canning...my grandmother was the on who always put up veggies and such. This reminds me of a time long ago in my life, when life was oh so simple. Thanks for reminding me.

Blessed Be

Susan