Google+ What I Made Today: A Colorful Metaphor

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Colorful Metaphor


Today I finished a physical metaphor. You see, I feel a need to add color to my life. So I purchased cotton yarn in a riot of colors knowing that I would crochet an afghan.


Crochet is a form of meditation for me, especially this continuous granny square pattern. There's no counting, though I find myself repeating, "maiden, mother, crone" throughout the creation.


So now I have a new afghan, in a riot of crazy colors, to wrap myself in on these cold winter days as I continue my plans and efforts to add color to all aspects of my life.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! reminds me of an afgan I knot when I was a teenager LOTS of color.

Gayle said...

What a wonderful thing to wrap up in!!

astitchintime said...

It looks absolutely beautiful :)

Healing Woman said...

Wonderful way to cheer up winter. Cozy and colorful and so well done I might add.

Kim said...

Love it!!!

earthen-magic said...

...sO very beautiful! ~ thankyoU for sharing ~ what yoU made today! ~ blessed be!...
...i bequeath a sonnet for thee...

Mel said...

Incredibly beautiful. Perfect for the New England winter.
Namaste~~~mel~~~

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!♥♥

charlie b. said...

Wow, all the different colors are awesome, and the black edge seems to set them off. Beautiful!

Adaptable Kay said...

That is a STUNNING afgan! I'm completely in love with the colors and design :)

And I love the fact that it's a metaphor for your life-What a great idea!

Bernoulli's Attic said...

As you know I love to crochet, but my Mother would only make Granny squares...she made a number of these afghans and had one started when she became ill. After she passed on I finished it and it stays as a reminder of her. This one is lovely.

Bethany said...

So beautiful! Great job!

Sharkbytes said...

Very pretty and not itchy with all cotton!

SoCalWendie said...

I love it! I can only do a simple crochet, but am anxious to learn to do more, I find it very relaxing too. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love granny square patterns! Especially ones that are so bright and fun looking.