Google+ What I Made Today: Completions, Connections

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Completions, Connections


Today was another day semi-dedicated to cleansing and clearing physical space. This recent project of purging closets and other dark recesses of my physical world is proving to be a doubled-edge sword (but what isn't?). I am able to realize an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and feel as though I'm backsliding all at once.

But I haven't done this deep a clearing in quite some time, so it's a process and I must be patient with the process and with my relationship to it. This is the sort of exercise that offers lessons and reminders … clarity and grounding. It is this task that ripened in my mind and heart this past new moon … with my commitment to no longer stow away un-finished projects. I give myself permission to continue to multi-task, for I feel it's necessary to many - if not most - of my creative endeavors … unless I want to be stagnant for days (or even hours) at a time, which is not an option.

Yet, like pages in my art journals, the creative tasks that I nurture may have their place where I revisit them often and see them to completion. I am committed to weaving this discipline into the full spectrum of my holistic life.

With that, I have a journal page to continue …

Peace.

5 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

I like how the figures dance around the circle on your page, one color beginning where the other ends.

earthen-magic said...

...greetings dear kindred! ~ sO beautiful! ~ i sO! ~ enjoy your creative muse! ~ she sings such wonderful whispers! ~ blessed be to yoU! ~ upon this ~ the first of the quarter crossover days! ~ blessed be...
...xXx...

Sharkbytes said...

Hmmm... no wonder I can't doodle such good stuff. I'll never approach cleaning so philosophically.

Tammie Lee said...

i find your art to be wonderful~
sounds like you are riding a wave of your own making in perfect fashion. xo

Wonderbee said...

Very nice! *LIKE*. I have wanted to do a deep clearing out of old files (hard and digital)for a while. I yearn for that sense of renewal it brings, but obligations and distractions fragment any follow-through. I start, but only get half way there!