Google+ What I Made Today: Art Work in Progress

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Art Work in Progress



Today I continued playing with paints on canvas. One of my goals this year is to produce something, anything on canvas once a month - on average. I imagine most of what I create will get cut up and used in other mixed media pieces, like this one. This piece is one of two works in progress, the one I'm least satisfied with, but one that is offering an illuminating journey and yielding some sound lessons.

After all, it's all about the journey and the lessons gleaned along the path. Not the destination. Not the outcome.

Peace.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I SO agree that it's about the journey! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

a fantastic goal. I miss painting...one of these days I'll make the time! I really loved this piece when I clicked expanding to a larger size, it has wonderful depth & feels 'free'.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

It's a beautiful painting, Rose. We are our own worst critics - but if it doesn't feel right . . . it will revive in other pieces! Peace and joy . . . Catherine

charlie b. said...

I really like this painting. Good job, and great goal! Now being on vacation, I brought watercolors and am experimenting with funky designs. I don't care really about the end result, just enjoying the creative process and playing around with the paints & colors!

Tammie Lee said...

with your understanding of the journey, well i would think that offers a freedom with ones art that can inspire new discoveries along the way.

i think this piece is beautiful.

Sharkbytes said...

she looks very peaceful.

Heather said...

I love your painting, Rosemari. She's lovely! nice to have met you, Heather x