Google+ What I Made Today: Sage Wisdom Spirit Cord

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sage Wisdom Spirit Cord

This morning I spun a Spirit Cord with some yarn that had prepped days ago. I figured I'd better spin the cord before the yarns tangled. The sage pendant that I made this past summer chose the yarns, an acrylic green and a gorgeous variegated and textured wool-acrylic blend. It spun up beautifully and I was pleased with how the Spirit of Sage chose the yarns to complement its image so sweetly.

This Spirit Cord measures over five feet in length, and has so many uses. I've spun these cords for folks to embellish everything from head to waist, garb to cars, to dress a walking stick and use in handfasting ceremonies. And more.

You can take a closer look at this cord - and others - at my ArtFire shop or my Zibbet shop.

That's what I made today.

Peace.


8 comments:

Dzign by Jamie said...

Sweet, I really love that. Very nature inspiring and in my favorite green color!

Doreen Breen said...

As I sit indoors on this beautiful February day - I am instantly brought outdoors and could smell the smells of spring - thank you for the quick journey! peace and love

Anonymous said...

Really lovely! Perfect colors for sage, it really invokes the magic of the herb.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Everything is perfect together! I can smell the sage from here. Beautiful work - so peaceful feeling. Joy to you . . . Catherine

Dori T said...

This is a lovely chord. The colors work beautifully together.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all for your kind comments.
You know I love them.
And find them nourishing.
:)

Sharkbytes said...

That is quite beautiful!

Tammie Lee said...

this sage piece is beautiful
both the stone and the cord.

your mermaid is a beauty too, but i will let other have the chance of winning and tell you here.

warm greetings to you from winter wonderland.