Google+ What I Made Today: Time to Mourn and Celebrate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Time to Mourn and Celebrate


Today began the first full day of my earthly journey without the physical presence of my mother somewhere "nearby." Yesterday she passed into the big mystery, as I like to say.

I find myself wafting between moments of utility, memory, smiles, occasional laughter and tearful floods. It feels as if a plug has been pulled somewhere within my being, and that some part of me is draining out. Like the hole that my mother's passing has left for me, I wonder what will fill these spaces.

In the meantime I honor my grief, mourn my loss, celebrate her life … a life that was integral to mine and to shaping me into the being I am ~ right here in this moment.

I offer infinite gratitude for our relationship, for this brave and tenacious woman was strong enough to take on my spirit. I've often said, especially in her later years, that she may have only been as big as your little finger, but she was giant force of power.

She had to be.

She was my mother.

Peace.

6 comments:

Sheenabug said...

What a loving & special tribute to your Mom, such a sweet & adorable photo too. I'm so sorry for your loss. My Mom past away 2 1/2 years ago, honoring her memory in various ways has been a great comfort to me. Sending love & hugs your way.

WillOaks Studio said...

Your memorial for your mom is just beautiful. She'll always be in your heart and your head, and she'll always inspire you. My thoughts are with you in your time of grief and loss.

Carolyn said...

A wonderfully written piece. It has touched my heart. So sorry for your loss.

Ahdini said...

i'm so sorry for what happened to you. but sure wherever she is now, she is rests happily in the most peaceful place.

RitaJC said...

A beautiful tribute!
My sincere condolences and love!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks so much, all of you, for your kind words.

And may your kindness return to you a-thousand-fold!