Google+ What I Made Today: Grounding

Monday, July 26, 2010

Grounding


Last night I sat outside with the full moon for as long as the mosquitos would allow. It took them a while to find me, so the time was more than I might have anticipated, had I anticipated. I set out a few items for blessing and charging, including a glass of wine. Four candles burned around them, but not for long. The green candle of earth and grounding sputtered out as a soft breeze fluttered through.

Today I invested time working outdoors, in the gardens, on the deck completing some new Impressions of Nature, pictured - as well as starting a tangible project that will facilitate a reclaiming of space. Practical space. Or so goes the intention. Grounding efforts, one and all.

I noticed a couple yellow jackets in the wineglass, still set out from the night before. One was struggling for its life and as I regarded this I felt how hard it is to stand witness to a life that is fading … even when it is a life that is not necessarily liked, a life feared even. A grounding realization.

Today marks a full week that I've been home from my most recent travels and it's the first day that I feel fully present. Fully grounded. It's good to be Home.

Peace.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Impressions !

Willow said...

These are beautiful. I'd love to hear more about the process that goes into making them.

Unknown said...

Wow! I just love your writing!!

brandi said...

~cheers to being present and feeling grounded...nothing quite like it...i adore your impressions...truly beautiful...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Amy said...

Beautiful! As always you bring me to a state of calm!

Anonymous said...

welcome...
WELCOME HOME she shouted from across the pond. ;)

Divaeva said...

lovely... indeed.

Sharkbytes said...

What pretty little fidgit stones!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone. :)

@Willow - You can learn quite a bit more about my Impressions of Nature by clicking that "Label" - all pasts posts will come up. I have done "How Tos" on this process in the past … and foresee the same for the future.

@Anonymous - I know who you are … Thanks. Really. :)

Healing Woman said...

Your writing is very inspiring. I like the way you 'tell it like it is' but in a very creative way!

Your nature stones are very special as well.