Google+ What I Made Today: Join me for "heART journaling" at The Phoenix Rising Center

Monday, August 27, 2012

Join me for "heART journaling" at The Phoenix Rising Center

 

Today I make an announcement, one I'm quite excited about. This has been quite a while in the manifesting, so to speak, mostly because mamamuse has been challenging me every step of the way. But now, the door, long unlocked, has opened.

Beginning two weeks from today, on September 10, I will be offering an art journaling workshop called "heART Journaling" at The Phoenix Rising Center in Thomaston, Connecticut. ::squeel!:: This is an 8-week journey of holistic inquiry, self expression and … manifestation, explored through the simple practice of daily art journaling. You can get more details at the Center's site or on our Facebook Event Page.

I've been consciously journaling on a regular basis since 1994, mostly words, but even in my early days drawings and doodles would find their way into my recorded expressions. I can't remember when it was, but it wasn't too long ago, maybe 3 years, that I began keeping art journals. What they were then and what they are now are … quite different … and yet, not. I've always drawn and kept sketchbooks, but the experience of art journaling as an intentional practice has awakened sleeping parts of me, and has guided me to altogether "new" territory … and my heart is glad for that. Thus the name, "heART journaling."

As a being who responds to visuals, keeping such a record of questions, observations, witnessings, experiences, etc., has made the process of review so simple that I am able to more easily see the patterns in my life, my dreams, my desires … my path, and I find myself living with greater awareness, gratitude and grace … and making conscious choices that nurture the best parts of me and my world. 

heART journaling is Good Medicine.

This may sound a little crazy to you, yet I can say that, in my experience, a little crazy rOcKs!

So if you're in the Thomaston area, I hope you'll consider joining us, beginning September 10, at The Phoenix Rising Center for this heARTful workshop. I have a sense it will be an intriguing journey for all! So check out the links and, of course, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here. 


Peace.

9 comments:

Indigene said...

It sounds wonderful and I know all your journalers will have a creatively, wonderful, thought-provoking time! :)

Jody Garland-Finland said...

Sounds amazing...I too am teaching a mixed media class.....can't wait!

Unknown said...

heART journaling is good medicine! Congrats on your workshop launch, wish I could join you but I'm a few States away from CT... Wishing you the best on this next leg of your journey!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, thank you, Indigene ~ that means a lot coming from you!

Yes, J Annie Finland, I saw that ~ have a fabulous time!

Thanks so much for the kind words and beautiful wishes Kymberleigh Anne ~ I really appreciate it!

Arlene said...

Rose - I am so excited for you! I have seen your art grow and change since you started art journaling recently, and I know your students will benefit from your experience. If I lived in the area, I would definitely come and take your workshop. I wish you lots and lots of fun and great students!!

Tammie Lee said...

this sounds like a wonderful workshop!
wishing you a grand and successful time~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

It sounds wonderful! Your students will be in for a wonderful treat! I hope you have a successful class!

Adaptable Kay said...

What an absolutely fabulous opportunity for you and for everyone taking your class! I firmly believe that art does heal, so I don't think you sound crazy :)

I WISH I could be there to take it! I'd definitely love that ^.^

Hosting said...

Your students will be in for a wonderful treat! I hope you have a successful class!