Google+ What I Made Today: Joy d'œufs

Friday, September 7, 2012

Joy d'œufs


I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that The Boy was building us a chicken coop. Well, he did, and this past weekend we visited some dear friends and came home with four hens. 


I love observing them as they wander around our little acre. I love gathering the eggs and creating meals and dishes with them. I love watching them meander back to the coop as dusk closes in and the light starts to fade. I love living simply, in as close a rhythm to Nature as I can muster.

With that, I have four pounds of beans waiting to be blanched for the deep freeze.

Peace.

11 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

We have had chickens off and on. I like having them, but I didn't do a very good job with them, except when I was in high school.

Anonymous said...

That is a seriously cool chicken coop. Years ago, we found a stray domestic rabbit, so my hubby got busy building her a super nice hutch. No sooner did we pop her inside when she had 8 bunnies for him to build more hutches for!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I hope for my own chicken coop some day too.... The Boy did a fabulous job on yours ;-)

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Grew up with great flocks of chickens. They are such interesting creatures, each with its own personality. Enjoy yours!

Gill Edwards said...

Ive had chickens for over 3 years now, they are great little characters arent they, i wish you lots of happiness and eggs

Adaptable Kay said...

My family and I would love, love, LOVE to have some chickens for ourselves, too. I'm quite jealous! :)

It's really fulfilling raising your own animals and making food from what they provide!

That coop is pretty incredible, too. Make sure to tell The Boy I said job very well done :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you, one and all, and I'll be sure to share the kind words re: the coop to my spouse (The Boy). :)

charlie b. said...

Cool coop, and it looks like it's easily moveable. Hens are such fun! They do have their own personalities, and I love the different sounds they make, like when they find a good bug. The others come running to see what was caught (and take it if possible). Enjoy your hens!

greekwitch said...

They look so blissfully happy in their beautiful home!

greekwitch said...

They look so blissfully happy in their beautiful home!

Tammie Lee said...

such an interesting coop, so artful.
beautiful eggs too~