Google+ What I Made Today: Flavors of Creation and Gratitude

Friday, November 14, 2014

Flavors of Creation and Gratitude


Every year, as the darkness of night grows longer and the days grow cooler, I'm drawn to fiber. So it's no surprise that I've been busy in the sacred act of creating my little Spirit Pouches. And Spirit Cords, too.

There's something about lighting a fire, brewing a pot of tea and settling into the act of this flavor of creation that settles me, grounds me, and offers me a stable space of peace.

It offers me a quiet time of inner-stillness to ponder the mysteries of life, not the least being consideration to this concept of linear time that we all bought into and share. I mean, it's mid-November. When did that happen?

And I realize that in three short weeks the community of Creatives at Whiting Mills in Winsted, Connecticut will be collectively celebrating our Holiday Open Studios and Guest Artists Event. I still have much to do to prepare for this, but I'm not stressing over it. I'm just looking forward to throwing my doors open that weekend to all who choose to explore some inspiration, empowerment, and more.

I feel blessed for the studio space I have there, for it supplements my home work-spaces, where my full dispensary is rooted, and offers perfect space for classes and workshops.

I'm grateful for the supportive community of creatives there, and for the intimate and extended community of creative, healing, botanical-loving folks that fill the well of Life to overflow.

I feel blessed for it all.

And I'm excited to have two inspired friends sharing my space during the Open Studios weekend, Kim of Raven's Edge, LLC and Doreen of Soul Threads. I'll be telling you more about them in the days ahead.


So if you're in the region of sunny Winsted, Connecticut, I hope you'll join us at Whiting Mills in December ... and I invite you to start your visit at Studio 336!

And if you're on Facebook, join us at our Open Studio Event page!

Peace.

4 comments:

Dagmar Magdalena Batyahav said...

You are an inspiration . as always ... I am sitting right beside a bunch of old yarns pondering what to do ... and here we go ;-) Thanks , I cherish our online friendship !

Sharkbytes said...

Pretty little pouches!

Unknown said...

It is this time of year that I curl up with my cross stitch projects. I love all the colors in your spirit bags and gain much grounding and centering from mine. I look forward to sharing space with you and Doreen. Just a few more creative days ahead and I'll be as ready as I can be.

Tammie Lee said...

such a nice setting, fire, tea and creating. i would visit if i were in the area, sounds lovely.