Google+ What I Made Today: Hot Pepper Ferment

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Hot Pepper Ferment

I was gifted these beauties a short time ago. Remember?
I set some to fermenting.
I strained them, blended the solids, returned them to their juice to "finish" fermenting.
I strained it all again, bottled the deliciously fiery liquids...
...and set the marc to dehydrating. I thought I'd powder it, but it really doesn't want to powder, so I'm leaving it in flakes; delicious flakes of various sizes, the best being those I can easily pick out with my fingers to savor like tangy, spiced candy. ::nods::

Today, I'll be doing... something with the who-knows-how-many pounds of green tomatoes.

And we haven't had a real frost to speak of... so we still have beans, celery, celeriac, peppers, lemon grass, beets, parsley, lettuce, carrots, etc., and a host of other cold-hardy friends in the gardens.

And while this "harvest season" is lingering and invoking weariness, and while I'm looking forward to the first "killing" frost, I am grateful. Mightily.


Peace. 🕊 

No comments: