Google+ What I Made Today: A Few May Harvests

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A Few May Harvests

Leonurus cardiaca, motherwort

We’ve had a couple days of relative dryness, and later today there might be a little spit from the sky, so I thought I’d make some botanical harvests for drying.

First up: Some pre-budding motherwort that was growing in a space that didn’t appeal to either of us. So we pulled her up, gathered the stems, and set her to dry.

Nepeta cataria, catnip

Secondly: One small collection of catnip. This, from a plant that was growing in a path, so we agreed – despite my preference for her to have some signs of budding – that it would be best to remove it, hang it to dry, and add it to some future iced tea.

Salvia officinalis, garden sage

Last but  oh so  not least: A modest bundle of budding garden sage. My gods, it is gorgeous this year. I am so grateful for that seemingly severe trimming I agreed to give it last year.

There’s plenty more of all three of these for future harvests, and I feel so blessed, and overflowing with gratitude. 

Peace. 🕊

No comments: