Google+ What I Made Today: May Day Blessings

Monday, May 1, 2023

May Day Blessings

May Day blessings, my friends – the sacred day of standing in solidarity with workers around the globe, and of honoring the agricultural midpoint between spring 'n' summer.
My tradition for May Day/Beltaine – and all the heathen holy days – is to manifest a creation to honor the season. Sometimes it’s a wand, a wreath, a garland, a posy, a tincture, an infused oil, or some thing else, like today….

 Today I’m making a small batch of a simple Dandelion Liqueur, leveraging a recipe shared a while back by Connecticut Herb Association member, Pam Brundage:
- Fresh dandelion petals
- Peel of an organic lemon
- One part honey
- Three parts vodka
- Shake daily for 2 to 3 weeks before imbibing
Here I'm using a dried orange slice, as well as some fresh Clementine peel, and a lesser ratio of honey to vodka. This really is a “to taste “process. And three weeks is my sweet spot for macerating. Once this is strained ‘n’ bottled, I like to let it sit for at least another three weeks before imbibing.
Given the season in my little corner of the world, and the simplicity of this creation, I hope you’ll give it a go if spring, with its dandelion blooms, graces your May Day.

🕊🌱🌼🌱🕊

rose

No comments: