Google+ What I Made Today: Floral Medicine

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Floral Medicine

In this season there's something to be harvested every day. This morning I'll survey our little acre to see what will have my attention for today's harvest.
Already I know there will be more comfrey leaves to harvest for drying, red clover and calendula blossoms. Yarrow, Saint Joan's wort buds, and other blossoms 'n' leaves will call to me, and most certainly the bee balms.
Plus I'll be looking for and harvesting other buds, blooms and blossoms, as floral Medicine has been calling to me again this year. I have a collection of June blossoms, and am now working on collecting July floral Medicine. I'm not sure (though I have a guess or two) how this Medicine will evolve 'n' make manifest, yet I'm confident that the call is worthy, and that the voices of the botanicals will sing their song to me ~ when the chorus is ready.

Of all the lessons that the plants have taught me, one key is that we can't rule or force them in any way. Not for their growth, bounty, beauty, their utility, Me
dicine, stories... their gifts, whispers, songs... their mystery...

I follow their lead, as they are more wise than I - or any two-legged - shall ever be.

Peace. ðŸ•Š

A version of this entry was originally posted July 9, 2019 at When Weeds Whisper.


No comments: