Google+ What I Made Today: Room for Bitterness

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Room for Bitterness


I'm generally among the first in line to say that bitters are very helpful with digestion. Well, I hope I'm right.

You see, certain aspects of life are getting pretty difficult for me to digest. Hey, I'm doing my best to nurture a positive attitude, despite the dark clouds around me. I've held these dark clouds at bay for some time and my strength, mighty though it may be, is wearing down. I'm fucking tired.

My life thus far has taught me so much and I am grateful for the challenges and feel that I generally greet them with grace and appreciation. So don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, my life is still quite charmed and I am grateful for all that I have and I do my best to leverage that - if not every day, then most days. And I'll tell ya, it irritates me to no end when I see others wallowing, whimpering, sulking or bitching and not bothering to leverage what's right in front of them.

Today I want to throw something ... pound something ... scream from the primordial root of my being.

These are bitters that will be added to my cauldron. I am confident that the resulting stew will be palatable to me ... others however may gag, whither and die. But that's not my problem, is it?

As an old friend of mine used to say, "... but I'm not bitter!" And we would laugh!

2 comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

I hope that things get better for you soon. Remember, when you get too tired to walk on your own, He will carry you. Big hugs - hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You express beautifully hun... pound away !! :o) x