Google+ What I Made Today: Confessions

Monday, April 19, 2010

Confessions

Bless me readers for I have slacked. It's been a week since my last blog entry. But hey! I've been distracted by shiny objects of the productive variety.

With only a week or two 'til the last frost I've been focused on the garden, though you might not know it to look at it. But I've been planting more seeds indoors and out as I look forward to a very, very busy May. Early harvests have commenced too. The Boy got me nine beautiful bales of hay. I use it for springtime mulch (leaves in autumn). I was on the phone with my mom when he arrived home with them. I got excited and shared the news with my mom, who responded with something like, "Some men bring their wives flowers. Yours brings you hay." And I was amused.

With the recent rains subsiding I can get back outdoors and continue the tidying, separating, transplanting, mulching and the like. Spring, like autumn, is a very demanding season for us gardeners.
I also finished several new necklace pendants from last year's clay pressings, all of which are not pictured here. Some are promised, some already sold, and the rest I need to get listed in my ArtFire studio. I'm ordering more clay this week so I can start some new pressings to see me through the coming year.

Yesterday I was consumed with my new MacBook Pro ... migrating information from the old MacBook and taking the opportunity to organize a la fresh slate. I also cleaned-up and organized a big chunk of the old laptop so it would be clean and tidy for The Boy. Now he can work on recording his music without negotiating with me for the laptop. Dig it.

Oh, there's more ... but I don't want to bore you. Besides, I have things to do. Peace.

9 comments:

LynnAnne said...

Its such a busy time as the outdoors wakes up. Im sure your followers will forgive you as you tend to Mother Earth!

Kim said...

Very productive indeed. Steph has a line on aged cow manure for me and that would excite me greatly. Some bring the flowers others the fertilizer.

Tammie Lee said...

oh, it all sounds wonderful. Hay, planting a new apple, yeha!

Very Mary said...

Loving the pendants and the garden!

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I get all goofy when my Eric brings me bird skulls, feathers, and daffodils...you get goofy for hay! I do understand, I do. :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Loving what you make every day!!

Angelique Mroczka said...

Happy Earth Day!!

((Following the Horde from Mrs. B's place))

Kendra said...

Happy Earth Day! Just stopping in from Mrs B's Pagan Horde to say hello!

Those are gorgeous pendants!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks all! I'm making time today to visit some of YOU!