Google+ What I Made Today: Meaningful Breath

Friday, April 9, 2010

Meaningful Breath

When I returned home on Tuesday evening I was greeted by the first blooms of my little acre, lovely little Pulmonaria, commonly called lungwort 'round these parts. The plant whispered to me, "Breathe easy." I took a deep breath and released it before commencing my questioning, as I often do, seeking clarity for the often-cryptic green messages that I receive from my botanical allies. I can breathe easy now? No. I'll be able breathe easy soon? No. What then? And my little rooted friends smiled as plants do and simply repeated the whisper.

This week has been peppered with the kinds of activities that tend to skirt me. Countless little frustrations that included dealing with an aspect of my mom's so-called "health care" insurance. Physical pain that comes with a well-twisted knee. Sadness born with news of the sudden death of one of The Boy's cousins. I'm still not Home. Not fully, and I'm certain this is a factor in the vulnerability that I'm experiencing. Even so, I feel this week has offered me reminder-after-reminder to offer meaningful care wherever it is needed, to count my blessings, each and every one, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem, and to ... breathe easy.

And so I am. Peace.

9 comments:

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

Breathe iiiiiiiiin....
HOLD!
1
2
3
Breathe oooooooout....
HOLD!
1
2
3
repeat as necessary.

*hugs* help too. :)

Dori T said...

It is a wonderful feeling when you are out in nature and you can take a deep breath and relax a bit.

Plantress said...

I thought I recognized that varigated leaf. Sounds like some meditation will do you good. Get out in the garden

Anonymous said...

There is just way too much chaos this month. I hope it all settles for you. At least nature is waking up and smiling at you full of color to give you a moment of peace. Breathe easy indeed. :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

Being in Nature is touching your spirit and allows you to relax, breathe and enjoy.

Pattycake Manners said...

How lovely. Lungwort is a favorite of mine and I love your take on it.

Tammie Lee said...

thank you for these lovely reminders.
wishing grace in your life~

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your woods hide lovely treasures. Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Kim said...

Welcome home! Breathe easy, breathe your way fully home, just breathe. Love and hugs to you!