Google+ What I Made Today: The Second to the Last Squash

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Second to the Last Squash


Tonight I baked some sweet potatoes along with this lovely little winter squash. Aside from some other winter squashes that are cooked and in the freezer, I only have one good sized kabocha squash left from the garden. This little acorn variety was so good tonight … mealy in texture, nutty in flavor and warming to the belly and the heart. It didn't even need butter. I have some left to enjoy tomorrow - for lunch, methinks. And once some deadline sensitive tasks are behind me, I'll be inventorying my seeds to determine my order for the coming season's garden.

That's what I made today. Peace.

8 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

I love nutty-flavored squash... wait... I love squash

paintingpam said...

I love winter squash!! It sounds yummy!
www.papermajik.etsy.com

rockcreekcreations said...

We just had some squash like that also. It was our last too. I've decided that I really like to half, clean, fill with onions, drizzle olive oil, and bake. I find I don't even need butter or brown sugar when I make it this way! Yummy!

Wizardess said...

Yum...so warm & comforting, squash. And you can just feel the healthiness zipping around your veins after munching on it!

Plantress said...

great picture. Love the squash w/a little maple syrup on it. This is a great time of year for seed sorting and dreaming about the garden.

Gilded Owl Musings said...

Sounds Yummy!

http://chris-wrinn.blogspot.com/

cheeky rose said...

Sound great, I love squash soup.

Reeni said...

I have three squash just waiting to be roasted! I love when there's leftovers for lunch!