Google+ What I Made Today: Nature-Inspired Journals

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nature-Inspired Journals


Today I made some new mini journals. It's such a joy to go through all the dried, pressed leaves and blossoms that I've collected over time. Some are a few years old. Working with very these fragile preserves offers me time and space to consider the strong, flexible greenery of spring that will be returning here to my little acre very soon. And the Nature of Life. Already much of the snow has melted away and while there's still a lot to go, most of my main vegetable garden has reemerged from its winter blanket. This simple act of creation with paint, mediums and Nature is - indeed - Good Medicine for my winter weary spirit.

As I gathered my tools to create, discovered another journal I had set aside to cure. And well-cured it is. 


I listed it today in my ArtFire studio.

That's what I made today. Peace.

13 comments:

Mami Made It said...

Amazing! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

Maria said...

They are just wonderful!

Lucas said...

Wonderful journals!!
:)

LetaMarieDesigns said...

They are so Beautiful!

Donna~Q~ said...

How lovely! The beg for little botanist drawings and secrets inside them :~)

Shutterbuk (Michelle) said...

Beautiful journals! I love them

Nicole's Visions said...

These are all incredibly beautiful!!!

Tammie Lee said...

They are wonderful, each and every one.
I still have two feet of snow in my yard/forest. I watch the circles of earth around the ankles of trees grow larger each day.

Sharkbytes said...

You do such lovely work!

Nauli said...

They are really beautiful!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

These are all absolutely beautiful!!!! Are the journals all lined paper or do you ever create mini sketchbooks? :) Theresa

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

These are all lined … though I'm toying with making some - from the ground up - that I can use as art journals. I may enlist The Boy (spouse) to do that piece, since it may not be my cup of tea. In any event, once mastered, I may offer those too. In the meantime I'm on the hunt for similar styled books to hand embellish. Fun, fun, fun!