Google+ What I Made Today: Myself Better

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Myself Better


I was on the road this past week, traveling to tend to the needs of my elderly mom. I returned home feeling more than a bit out of balance, but that - in and of itself - is not all that unusual. I was feeling somewhat under the weather yesterday, yet kept moving, but this morning I woke with a full blown springtime cold. I made a block of morning time to attend to phone calls and other obligatory activities and then commenced to tend to my own needs. I boiled some water to start an herbal steam and brew a pot of tea, and poured myself a dose of elderberry tincture to sip on throughout the afternoon. I forced myself to rest. The happy chicken soup with rice was good dinnertime medicine too.

I can breathe through both nostrils again and while I'm still forcing myself to rest and sip my elderberry love, I'm feeling much better and can feel my body mending as I give thanks to the spirit of the plants that support me in ways that never cease to delight and amaze me.

And now, it's time for another loving steam and cup of healing tea. Peace.

.

6 comments:

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Glad you are feeling better so quickly. Your practice of healing serves you and others well :)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you feel better soon - keep that soothing tea nearby. Theresa

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better-It really is SO important to take care of yourself and rest in times like these, and it sounds like you know and did just that :)

Primal Painter said...

Spring colds are a drag, but it's cool that you're feeling better so fast! Impressive. I'll have to remember to try that tea next time around.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hope you are all better by now!

Melinda said...

Your body gave itself a great cleansing, good for you! Most especially because you took the time to let it work its magic, in its own time, and its own way. :)