Google+ What I Made Today: Shadows of Blood

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shadows of Blood


I am grateful for the opportunity to gather and share time and space, memories and dreams, laughter and heartache - and much more - with Women. They smooth my way in this journey of life by allowing me to see myself more clearly through their exquisite reflections.

I am grateful.

With them, I see my power, through their's, with fresh eyes. I see - and acknowledge - the soft underbelly of my being … which gives way to lay name and title to the disquiet, discomfort, ache and pain that I'd rather let rest, undisturbed. Despite the "Rather Not" that I sometimes cling to in these dark realms, I delight - with reluctance - in the names and titles that allow me to carry them into the light of day, and nurture a positive and intimate relationship with these cardinal shadows hidden in the softs spots, the wounds, and the scars of my essence.

I am grateful.

Today I make space for gratitude, deep and flowing, painful and life-giving, melancholy and joyous … gratitude that is conceived and birthed in shadows of blood most sacred.

I am grateful.

Peace.

.

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautifully written! It has hit a chord in me. Thank you!

Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald said...

Beautiful post, Rosemari...very honest and thought provoking. It is so much easier to hide our discomfort and pain, to not let ourselves feel it...bringing it out in the open lets us see that there is nothing to fear and quite often, the discomfort dissolves.

Thank you for giving us cause to think :-)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful post! Thank you! Theresa

Healing Woman said...

Yes, I agree. Sharing our "withinness" with other women can be liberating.

JDConwell said...

Of all the things I have in my life for which I am grateful, this is one which is lacking. Your post makes me realize how much I miss it, and need to find ways to regain these connections.
Be well,
Jan

Adaptable Kay said...

What an extremely eloquent and beautifully written post.

It's so nice to be in the company of such like minded people :)

Kim said...

Ashe

AmysBodyDecor said...

aww very nice :)

roseworksjewelry said...

Have I ever told you how beautifully you write? *hugs*

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you, my beautiful friends. :)