Google+ What I Made Today: Love in the Kitchen

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love in the Kitchen


Today was a kitchen day … the kind that involved creating a simple meal to share with a friend. The kind of day to catch up, share, discuss, agree, disagree and love. My best friends are the kind of folks who stand firm in their experience and views of life, and express them, and listen too, even when they're different from my own experiences and life views. I'd rather hang with folks who stand in their truth, than those who bend to the point of breaking in order to be (perceived as) accepted. Know what I mean?

So, yeah, I had a lovely friend over for a light lunch, a little soup and salad (though I forgot to put the chicken in the salad ::sheesh::). In just a couple of hours we discussed what was going on in our lives, art, crochet, politics, religion, and even love. It rOcKeD my day!

Investing time like this, nurturing friendship, nourished me as much as the food we shared. In any event, it seemed only fitting that I add color to this journal page that I doodled one early morning last November, while hanging in a cousin's kitchen, sipping coffee, waiting for folks to wake up.

That's what I made today.

9 comments:

Sowmya V said...

Rose, lovely little joys of life are divine:)! Glad you cherish those things.

Arlene said...

Friendships are so precious - Just sharing some casual time together is invaluable. You are lucky!

I love your sketch also - is that your Book of Days? I want to do more watercolor sketching - I just love the look of it so much!

haileysmomscat said...

lovely illustrations!!!

Dori T said...

Good artwork. Amazing how you did it. I am fairly new at journaling and love seeing other work

Kim said...

Beautiful - art, friendship and love. I've been having an ongoing discussion about honesty - standing in our truth with a friend of mine. I love discussing and listening to varied opinions - how else would we grow.

Emili said...

Quality time with a good friend is ALWAYS a good use of your time.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Your doodles are amazing.

Chris said...

I need to spend more time on your blog you are full of inspiration.

earthen-magic said...

...well said! ~ blessed be!...
...xXx...