Google+ What I Made Today: A Welcoming to Spring

Friday, March 23, 2012

A Welcoming to Spring


Today I worked in several art journals, including a new one … a journal which (I'm sensing) will be a visual meditation of my relationship with "The Elements" … a journal tied to a premium Book of Days workshop taught by the sparkling Effy Wild, an inspired guide and teacher with a radiant sense of humor. Anyway …

Since spring returned to my little acre, I've started more seedlings, prepped a garden bed or two, and created my journal cover for "The Elements." My inner cover is in the works and represents a farewell to winter, an expression of gratitude that I feel is essential before rooting too deeply in the airy verve of spring. Even so, with spring thick in the air, I was compelled to finish this page, a simple expression of moving from the earthy to airy energies of the season.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

15 comments:

Maria said...

Very nice, Rose! I can relate to that. :)

Faerie-Tale said...

So pretty! I love earthy.

Pesky Cat Designs said...

It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful journal page :)

Kim said...

Beautiful! Love the idea of a journal to/for the elements.

charlie b. said...

Your art journals are so lovely! My Mom recently gave me a journal with blank pages and a handmade bound cover. Your paintings are inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

this quote is just wonderful Rose. I love all the seasons & they each have gifts we should thank them for ;-)

"farewell to winter, an expression of gratitude that I feel is essential before rooting too deeply in the airy verve of spring"

Unknown said...

A simply BEAUTIFUL piece of artwork!!

Jan Conwell said...

Nice mix of greens...

Sharkbytes said...

That is unusually beautiful. I like all your journal entries, but this one is awesome.

Effy said...

<3 I love your pages, Rosi. <3

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Welcome spring, indeed! Such a lovely green journal page!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

This is lovely, Rose. Soft, ephemeral, and nurturing - just like spring! :o)

Healing Woman said...

The title for your upcoming journal/book "The Elements" sounds so interesting and inviting. Can't wait for you to show it.

Yes, spring is in the air and no better place to start it than by viewing your blog and welcome of it!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all for your beautiful comments!

This journal page was such a fun meditation and I really enjoyed filling up the page.