Google+ What I Made Today: Canned Chicken, Frozen Chicken, a Pot of Chicken Stock

Friday, October 11, 2013

Canned Chicken, Frozen Chicken, a Pot of Chicken Stock


Yesterday afternoon I picked up my 20 chickens from Percy Thomson Meadows Farm in Bethlehem, Connecticut. Since then my world has been all things chicken. I have packages of thighs, legs, wings, livers, gizzards in the freezer … plus various scraps and whole heads for the dog, and all other scraps for the crows … and a few whole chickens too … about three gallons of stock on the stovetop … and these jars of canned chicken breast. Tomorrow I'll be canning the stock.

But now. Now I'm snaggin' an ale and going out on the deck to enjoy the waning day. And pick some beans if I can muster the ambition.

That's what I made.

Peace.

4 comments:

Anna Garner said...

All that chicken will come in handy for making chicken soup this winter ;) Looks so appealing in those glass jars.
Anna

JFM said...

Looks fantastic and you sure earned that small break and ale :)

Jan

Sharkbytes said...

That is a mighty accomplishment!

Debbie said...

Wow! You've been busy! :) Resting afterwards is always a good tired, isn't it?