Google+ What I Made Today: A Vow to Instinct

Monday, March 30, 2015

A Vow to Instinct

Yes. Indeed. Nona E has lead me to and through some ugliness this month and now she invites the spirit of Wolf into our circle.

I mentioned in my last post that she issued a message to me. Well, I'm inspired to share a wee bit of that message with you...

"Be still. Come back to center. Invite the verve back to the core. Open to it. Feel it vibrate. Feel it in your heartflame. Feel the hurt. Let down your guard. Let in the antagonist. Listen and feel ... with all your senses. Stay firm in your core, your center, don't oppose, don't compete ... simply witness." ~ Nona E

Yes. Indeed.

Wolf is a totem, an animal spirit, recognized in many paths and traditions, so it has quite a list of potential meanings, values and purposes. Yet, for me, in this circle, in this moment, Wolf invites me to nurture and renew relationship with instinct ... with my sweet and fierce intuition.

Yes. Indeed.

As it is, so shall it be.

(And since wolves howl and scavenge, I suppose some my consider such behavior akin to a ruckus, so I'm sharing this post with my painterly friends at Paint Party Friday!)

Peace.

11 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

A wonderful lively sketch...I can almost hear the wolf howling!

kat said...

Oh yes, that wolf is truly howling, a great sketch!

Meggymay said...

A wonderful piece, I enjoyed reading your post today.
Yvonne

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful medicine
awesome art
thank you for sharing your message
it is good for me as well
i will go now and sit with it

Sharkbytes said...

I like it! I think your feelings come out visually, and mine go into words.

Carol said...

Love the art ♥ I think I needed that message this month also. It's been a wacky month for sure but it's almost over :) ♥

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I like what you write,, you say so much that I re-read and re-read because I do not want to miss anything important.
love
tweedles

sheila 77 said...

Super drawing of the howling wolf and I really like the layered effect you've achieved.

Janis Cox said...

Beautiful painting. I love how you brought the wolf to the forefront.
I am following you from Paint Party Friday - my first linking there.
Blessings,
Janis

froebelsternchen said...

Just WONDERFUL Rose!

Beulah Bee said...

Where I live (Arizona) I often hear howling at night but the voices come from coyotes not wolves. It is crazy to hear them over the dull-roar of automobiles but they make their voices heard. And so, may I say, do you!