Google+ What I Made Today: Starts and Finishes, Finishes and Starts

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Starts and Finishes, Finishes and Starts

Just pausing to share a couple drawings for Sunday Sketches from this past week. I had started a pinecone which, clearly, I didn't finish. While waiting for a friend at a diner I did a quick drawing, gesture-style of a woman at another table... incorporating the unfinished sketch. I call her "Pinecone Head."

I had started another sketch, when my friend arrived. Methinks I'll return to the diner to finish it. Can you see what it is?

Peace.

11 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

Very creative to incorporate the pine cone onto a person! I'm not certain what the other one is yet.

Unknown said...

Is it your belt buckle?

Kate Robertson said...

Pinecone head sure has character about her. NOt sure about the other one.

Kate

Alexandra MacVean said...

These are wonderful sketches, Rose. I like how you transitioned one finished sketch into another. Have a great week! :)

Christine said...

Nice wips!

froebelsternchen said...

Love your pine cone head --reminds me on a forest fairy..and I think this is a handbag?!

GlorV1 said...

Very interesting how the pine cone became this woman. Very creative. I don't know what the other is. Looks like a belt buckle. Looking forward to your Spring plantings.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Not a handbag.
Not a belt buckle.
Great guesses!
:D

Stay tuned ...

GalleryJuana said...

I love how your pinecone head turned out! The expression really makes it work so well with the pinecone hat.

Magic Love Crow said...

Pinecone Head is so cute ;o) I think the other is either a tv or a buckle?

Sharkbytes said...

She has a stylish hat. You turn a pinecone into a person. I would turn a person into a pinecone!