Google+ What I Made Today: Myself Ripe, Real and Ready

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Myself Ripe, Real and Ready


Another busy week. 'Tis the season! I was away from my gardens and studio this past weekend, attending the International Herb Symposium. I learned some new stuff, make no mistake, and received validation of personal theories and practices. I was challenged and my brain got to bend and expand. My heart too. I had at least one AhHa! moment, though I'm still prettying-up my notes and who knows what will strike me as I continue plowing through them? I had fun, met folks from around the globe, made new friends, sang and listened and witnessed. I got to give and receive countless hugs, and simply... to Be in the presence of exceptional greatness ~ individual and collective.

I felt the familiar tribal-embrace that I'd not felt in more than a few years. I felt it deeply. And at the same time felt a deep loneliness too. I realized, with a distinct conscious awareness, that the call to return to the full service of my Rooted Ancestors was Real and Ripe. I suspected as much, and have been returning to those roots and realigning my dedication since my mother's passing, but now... now it's time to ratchet it up.

It's uncertain where this call will lead me, but this week I've rededicated myself to morning ritual that is already opening my eyes and my heart to potential. Potential to add value to this skewed world we share. And I am grateful.

Strolling in Witness around my little acre is on my agenda for this morning, along with planting more seed and transplanting more seedlings. And as I tend to this nurturance I will express my prayers to be a worthy witness to the song of the plants, my botanical allies, the Rooted Ancestors, so that I may be their voice in these strange, disconnected times we live in.

And in these realizations, rediscoveries and revelations I see a garden of toil and ecstatic delight. And like the calling, I am Ripe and Real and Ready.

















Peace.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beauty. Ashe!

GlorV1 said...

Loved your post and all the beautiful photos of your soul garden. When I am in my football field yard, I feel gratitude as well. Enjoy your haven. I do, as life is just too short. It will be interesting to hear about the new things you learned. Look forward to it.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rose. You often remind me of work I have to do. I hope you enjoy yours as much as your reminders allow me to mine!

Tammie Lee said...

abundant life is what you dance with
breathe life into
so beautiful and vital
walking the earth
working with plants and land
air water
that is dancing with balance and life
beautiful

Unknown said...

Loved sharing the week end with you. I am home and not - settling back in - a little different than before. The pictures are beautiful.

sheila 77 said...

I loved to see your plants and garden, so fertile and growing.
I enjoyed reading your thoughts and ideas.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Love to read your posts, the photos are fabulous.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Marianne said...

Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos :)