Google+ What I Made Today: Plans for Shifting with the Season

Monday, October 5, 2015

Plans for Shifting with the Season

Yesterday was a pretty typical Sunday at the studio. I puttered in my art journal, worked on some new mini journals and managed my modest inventory of items-for-sale. I enjoyed a few visits and visitors too. But what was less than typical was visiting this space you see here. I wandered quietly around the room, hearing the echoes bounce around the naked room, I held the space to feel the vacant vibration... and to feel the verve that I will soon be making manifest there.

Yes, I'm moving. I'll still be at the fab, historic building that is Whiting Mills in my little town of sunny Winsted, Connecticut, but I'll be moving from one studio space to another this month.

This new space affords me, my students, clients and visitors some added wiggle room for classes, workshops, consultations, healing work, creating, as well as comfy spaces for sitting, sipping, strategizing and assorted heart-to-hearts. It offers wiggle room that inspires consideration to enhancing my retail offerings as well, which is certainly a motivating consideration!

Plus, I'll be easier (much easier) to find in this beautiful puzzle of a building. And I'm sure my fellow tenants who have had to explain countless times to visitors over the past two years how to find me will appreciate this shift as well.

So my plan is to get all moved out of 336 and and settled into 310 after our 3rd Sunday event in October, during the early part of the week of the 19th. But, ya know, plans are fluid things and if it can happen faster, it will.
But for today I continue my garden, kitchen and preserving tasks. And that is where my focus is rooted this week.

Peace.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the "new" space and can't wait to see how your spirit shifts it even more. Lovely manifesting. And if you need help with the move just call.

Christine said...

All the best for your short move!

GalleryJuana said...

How exciting. It looks like a super fit for you and your students. Best wishes on your new beginnings in your new place!

Lisabella Russo said...

Gorgeous space! Congrats on your move, it sounds like it will be beneficial to you and others!

Ruth said...

Best of luck with your move! I look forward to working, playing, creating and conversing in your new and larger studio. Your creative and loving spirit will soon fill this space for manifesting your desires, and for the people who share this space with you as well (including me) LOL. Peace and blessings to you Rose ;-)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! And a very cool space! I'm looking forward to visiting!

Dawn Hill said...

Best wishes for a smooth transition.

kevin and kym higgins said...

Congratulations Rose! I will help you move if you need help....Kym

Kim said...

Oh Rose, what a wonderful space. I wish you well in it and I a sure it will be enjoyed by others and bring you much inspiration. At this time I can only dream of such a space.

Carol said...

Your new space looks awesome and I know it will become more "yours" when you move in . I'm still harvest a bit of this and that from the garden too but don't have much energy for it this week so I'm thankful for the cooler days that makes thing slow done a bit and I don't have to push so hard.

Tammie Lee said...

congratulation!
this seems like a wonderful thing to do.
i wish i could stop in and participate.

Fallingladies said...

you won the coloring book giveaway of heART magazine from my blog! i couldn't find your email so send it to me and i will forward it to the editor to get you your free copy...
lelloavengers(at)yahoo(dot)com

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh my goodness, Fallingladies ~ Yippee! :D