Google+ What I Made Today: The Journey to Elemental Truths

Friday, January 13, 2017

The Journey to Elemental Truths


Standing in our Truth and speaking it is vital to our healthy evolution.
It creates fertile ground for sinking our roots.
It enables us to conceive, consider, craft and convey with comfort.
It inspires us to reach and act on our passions.
It nourishes, hydrates and bathes our spirit.
It holds us true to who we are and to our purpose.

And yet it is a challenge, make no mistake, even when we've been at it for some time. I've grown comfortable in expressing my Truth, though it wasn't always easy. In fact, it was hard. Still is sometimes. First I had to explore the shadows and light of mySelf to be certain of my own honesty. Then I had to begin sharing... with my mother, which was, quite possibly, my greatest life challenge, and most important one, and one in which I had twenty years of sustained and stormy practice. I feel I've evolved to a place where speaking my Truth is simply something I do... yet, at times, it's not without continued challenge and more - still more - growing pains.

Nonetheless, I feel I've grown to be quite comfortable with the practice, the journey.

Folks who know me best, know that when I feel someone has crossed a line, I address it, swiftly, candidly, face-to-face (whenever possible) with as much compassion as I can muster. In all but the rarest occasions the results are positive, with interpersonal opportunities that blossom as a result. Yet there are those cases where Truth (mine or theirs) is simply not welcome, not ripe. And in these instances I step back, remaining as open as possible, yet creating space. Sometimes, plenty of it. Know what I mean?

Then there's those other moments, where I speak my Truth, as clearly, candidly and concisely as I can and I'm simply not heard... and I can grasp that. It's the ripe thing again. It's those other moments where what is heard is not what I conveyed. Not. Even. Close. These are the challenges that most perplex me, and its the flavor of challenge that I'm sinking deep into now. May the journey be kind to me and teach me what I need to Know, that my roots may sink ever deeper, that the clouds may pass to reveal the Light I seek.

Peace.

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

honoring one's truth
a powerful thing

a beautiful sharing, thank you.

Carol said...

Such powerful words and feelings ♥

baili said...

i respect your feelings and expressions friend!
Truths are shelter of Creator one who get under them is though may be stands separate and alone in crowded world but find the most precious thing in world A PEACE OF MIND!