Google+ What I Made Today: Communion with the First Seedlings

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Communion with the First Seedlings


The alliums are sprouting - three kinds of heirloom onions, and one variety of leek.

So they came upstairs to visit the sun, to get a drink, and to share some time and space with me before heading back to their basement shelf and their artificial sunlight. I assured them that it wouldn't be long before they head to the greenhouse. They seemed pleased with that news! Me too.


These little sprouts are my signal to Know that it's time to start some other seeds. I'll likely start another flat of the same, plus a few kale and Brussel spouts before the month is over. But for today and in the meantime, I'll cherish the promise of spring that rises with these little seedlings. And I'll cherish the promise of spring that it rises in me.

Peace.

No comments: