Google+ What I Made Today: Dried Genovese Basil

Friday, September 16, 2022

Dried Genovese Basil

This harvest of Genovese Sweet Basil is headed for the dehydrator.

Dried sweet basil is so different from fresh, yet I do love to keep it on hand. I’ve been trimming it throughout the season to use fresh, and to toss in the dehydrator with whatever else was in there. This respectable harvest should now pack the jar I have started to keep us in dried sweet basil till next year.

Plus, I sometimes make a sweet basil tea with the dried stuff. Sometimes I drink it with honey, or with one of my syrups... sometimes I sip it salty, like bouillon.

There’s more to harvest, and those will become a simple basil ‘n’ olive oil pesto that will be packed in a glass jar with a nice sealing layer of olive oil on top. And this will last for months in the refrigerator. ::nods::

I’ll be doing this with Shiso as well!

🕊 Peace.

No comments: