Google+ What I Made Today: Stuffed Pepper Soup

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stuffed Pepper Soup


Behold: Five quarts of stuffed pepper soup. This soup is one of the reasons I grow peppers. ::nods:: You'll find the link to the recipe I use as guidance in the comments section.
This soup went into the pressure canner as 7 quarts. During the pressure-down part of the process, two of the quarts popped their lids. I don’t know if I overfilled the jars, or maybe overtightened the lids, but this hasn’t happened before. What I do know is that it made a mess, but one that was easily cleaned up, and left us with over a quart ‘n’ a half of unsealed soup, so we only lost a pint ::sniff:: in the mishap. We enJOYed some for supper last night with saffron jasmine rice, and have the remaining 2 pints in the freezer.


Preserving food by canning is not without its challenges and mysteries.
Now I need to get these labeled and onto the pantry shelves.

🕊 Peace.

No comments: