Google+ What I Made Today: Welcome, November... and Athbhliain faoi mhaise dhuit!

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Welcome, November... and Athbhliain faoi mhaise dhuit!

November welcomes us along with the Celtic new year. For me it is a sacred time of reflection, projection, rooting in the here 'n' now, honoring the Gaia ancestors of every age "n" kind. It is time for laughter 'n' tears... and for preparing for the darkest days of the wheel of the year. It is a time 'n' space that I relish. And...

We're still enJOYing garden harvests of collards, kales, mustards, rapini, beets, turnips, parsley, calendula, amaranths, peas, green onions, chives, marshmallow, horseradish, and more. We're still waiting to harvest our rutabagas, as well as our pole beans for seed saving, and we'll be planting the garlic, shallots 'n' spreading poppy seeds this week, or next. 

We're still enJOYing tomatoes as they ripen on the dining table. And there's still zucchini, peppers, carrots in the fridge, and so much put up, as we say, to nourish us through the winter, and the months and year/s ahead.

In this season our evenings are enhanced by candle light. I always recall and conjure the ritual of my Nono who would light candles on All Souls Day for all those who had passed into the Big Mystery. She would place each on the fireplace hearth with a prayer... a practice I engaged in my own way long before I was told this familial story. 

I look ahead into November and see the quiet, introspective, shadow work that took root as September delivered October continuing to evolve, deepen, and challenge me as we head toward winter. As we all make that journey - I pray that our steps are gentle, compassionate, caring and conscious of Nona Gaia, and all life that supports her... us... each other.

Peace. ðŸ•Š


No comments: