Google+ What I Made Today: Hibernation Continues

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hibernation Continues

February arrives, and I find myself in the days of Imbolc, the Indo-European name for this sacred liminal space between winter solstice and vernal equinox. These days invite me to recall that winter's worst may still lie ahead, externally - sure, and also internally. I often refer to February as the longest month of the year... because, for me, the pattern is that it is. 


This year I embrace this liminal space - this time between times - by reviewing the list of My Wants, and I see things I have absolutely no recall of writing, and take delight in them, especially those that are made and making manifest in my world. I see other things that I realize do not belong to me, and I gladly cross them off the list. I see Work and work that needs to be done in the days and months ahead, and I honor the planning, plotting and doing that carries this magic. 


I draw a tarot card, as is my habit as each calendar month presents, and this morning I chuckled as I drew The Hermit, and offered hand-to-heart honor to the introspective, solitary realm in which I feel most comforted, most challenged and... most safe; a realm in which I may stay rooted for this calendar phase. And I am grateful. So in these days of Imbolc's liminal space I shall tend the roots of this verve so that my seeking may continue as I plan, plot and gently do The Things in my own way, at my own pace, for this world that I love so much. 


As I consider these ruminations, I step outside into the damp chill to offer Gaia gratitude for the abundance she graces to all life, even to the ignorant 'n' dismissive. I ask for gentleness, internal and external, as I tread through this long, long month of February, alone-n-accompanied by all life.



[ As my hibernation continues I offer mammoth gratitude for my Moonshine community. ::nods:: ]


Peace. ðŸ•Š


1 comment:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I celebrate Imbolc as well, it is just as important as the more exuberant Lammas or the solstices. In our frenetic world I believe we have lost touch with the importance of being quiet and waiting in the liminal zone. Just because we can’t see visible signs of growth doesn’t mean there isn’t life and stirring in the natural world. The Hermit was a very appropriate card to draw as well, reinforcing how you’re feeling.
The old names are still very much in the Celtic nations of the UK. I live in Wales and there is a Lammas Street in my nearest town!
Bright blessings be upon you,
LLJ xx