Google+ What I Made Today: A Discovery

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Discovery

I made several discoveries today as I sifted and sorted through the Mess of my dispensary, but the one discovery that most delighted me was finding an old moleskine pocket notebook, titled, "Plant Spirit."

This little book contains scribbles of interactions with and guidance received from many of my rooted allies. These experiences were collected some four-five years ago during a pretty intense period of green journey work. I thought this little book was long gone, buried somewhere under layers of leaves in a nearby forest, somewhere within grasp and out of reach.

And I swear to you - it was. For as I opened it to that title page, I could catch the distinct scent of sweet earth and rotting leaf. It was a scent of pure gratitude.

I also made myself useful in helping The Boy install the "new" kitchen counter. See it here.

That's what I made today.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that countertop is gorgeous!!! what a Clever Boy!!!! please pass along i tried to add myself as a follower of his blog, but blogger is being Difficult. i'll try again soon!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the colour of the cabinets too. I especially love that the counter top was made out of reclaimed wood!

Laura Rose said...

looks awesome!!! those wonderful faires!! returning your book to you :)

Kim said...

I remember when you lost it - I'm glad it has found its way back to you.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks all!

The counter came out so nice ... and was the most time-consuming aspect of this little renovation, so the prepping and painting of the remaining cabinets, the walls and floor should now move along nicely!

And Laura - I have a collection of herbs that I will be offering to them today. Bless their mischievous little hearts!

Zom said...

Hey Rose, I am glad you saw the Trust a Witch journal page. It was almost as though it was 'made' for you, ;)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

LOL Zom! I really loved it!