Google+ What I Made Today: Mermaid Goddess

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mermaid Goddess

I sat down with the idea to add a pink layer over the pale green of yesterday's mermaid goddess. The voices piped up and anyone who knows me at all, knows that I do what the voices tell me. Creation - of every kind - is a spiritual act, and so I honor the spiritual support that guides me, and I heed their counsel. So out came the art pens ...


I may still add that layer of pink over this. But they tell me to sit with it for the moment. And so I will.

I spun a new spirit cord with one of my impressions of Nature pendants and got it listed You-Know-Where. This one is wild carrot (better known as Queen Anne's Lace) with hemlock on the opposite site.
You can see more of it here.

That's what I made today.

15 comments:

Shell said...

I like the sentence your Mermaid Goddess has on her. Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Goddess! I love her spiraly curly hair.

Unknown said...

what a luscious little mermaid! ty fr your sweet comment on my blog!! i love you, rose!!! xoxox

Kim Caro said...

those are so awesome

Crystal said...

I love watching your work take shape! Your Mermaid Goddess is gorgeous, and carries a beautiful sentiment...thank you for the reminder.

PAC said...

Wow, your work is gorgeous!

Renee toeNja said...

Very nice. i like the sentiment you put on the mermaid's back.

Divaeva said...

...as beautiful as her creator!

Laura Rose said...

how blessed it all is, the creation & the creator

Tammie Lee said...

Your mermaid is wonderful, her back looks graceful and strong at the same time.

Ms. Rose,
What do you think of Phenonip? Is it an preservative in products and I was thinking of ordering an herbal face creme that has it as an ingredient. Are you familiar with it?

Thanks,
T

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Familiar with it? No. I don't even use citricidal (a processed grapefruit seed extract) anymore.

Yet ... some super-quick research unearths the following little snippets ... you might want to poke around further!

~~~

** The FDA says that“Phenoxyethanol [a chemical component of Phenonip] is a preservative that is primarily used in cosmetics and medications. It also can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and diarrhea”.

Not that I buy on to all that the FDA has to say, but that phrasing gave me pause ... we have enough CNS antagonists in our environment already.

** More enlightening, I read that many European products go out of their way to say that they DON'T CONTAIN IT. Hmmm.

::shrugs::

Your call! :)

Kim said...

love those voices

Anonymous said...

She is lovely. After a second look I noticed that you have cleverly placed artwork with the appropraite colours at each of her Chakra points...hmmm???

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yes Ry ... yes I did! :)

Tammie Lee said...

Thanks Ms. Rose!