Google+ What I Made Today: A Day of Art

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Day of Art

I made great progress on my Suzi Blu class project, yet that is for sharing with my Suzi Systers, when I finish it - well, this aspect of it, for I see this project as a two-sided task. Looks like tomorrow I'll put the finishing touches on it.

I worked on that page in my journal, but the warm light of evening makes for photos that don't please me. Alas, no pics for you today. 

Last night I watched a movie that inspired me to recall in some way every syster I've ever known in this life. I suppose I'm still at it. It inspired me to honor - yet again - the feminine divine and all that is strong and powerful, willful and unwavering, forceful and gentle, creative and destructive in every woman that I've known. Strangers in Good Company, a beautifully understated Canadian film released in 1990, is a little gem worthy of seeking out.

Ashe. Ashe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

how very cool i hope you will share at some point ...and im intrigued once more by your recommendation ... have you seen the dark knight yet? :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Just watched the Dark Knight last weekend ... TWICE ... because I figured I must have missed something vital in the plot the first time ... I didn't. So not only did the value of the story evade me, but the characters were bland at best, except the Joker. I liked the Joker.

::shrugs::

Sarah Cruse said...

This is a wonderful site!
I love it here!
Thanks for sharing so I could see!

Laura Rose said...

I love your movie recs...will have to look for this one, too!

angela recada said...

I just found your blog and really like what you're doing - I'll be back to read more when I have the time next week.
Best wishes,
Angela

Sinje Ollen said...

I like your blog! I'm going to follow it. :-)