Google+ What I Made Today: Time for Spirit

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time for Spirit

Today I made time for two significant readings ... one live and one long-distance. I also have a reading in process for myself. I plan to see it through tomorrow when I feel a bit more present. It's been a great week for readings.

I have floss organized to spin some Spirit Chokers for some recent orders. Like with my reading, I want to feel more present to spin those lovelies.

Unlike healing work, readings sometimes leave me feeling spacey. It's not a "bad" feeling, yet it is a "negative" feeling, if that makes any sense. It's as if some piece (or pieces) of me have receded and have gone MIA. It never ceases to amaze me. Usually a good meal, a good night's rest ::knock wood:: and simple prayer pulls me back in to where I feel whole and full again.

Does anyone else experience this?

Anyway, I have a homemade pizza in the oven now, my own sauce ... mozzarella ... pepperoni, and a green salad prepped. That should help ground me a bit. Now ... back to the ball game ...

11 comments:

Divaeva said...

mmm - your pizza sounds yummy! <3
The boys both work late tonight - so me and Skittles will just have beta fishie food and a beer *laughs* Maybe make some cinnamon rolls to warm the boys up when they get home!

Zom said...

I don't give readings, but I certainly get spacey working in the studio.

Tammie Lee said...

'negative' as in a void where you are not? If so, I wonder if you are making space within your energy field for the other persons information to come in. When you are done that space would need to be filled back up by you. Seems you are aware of this. Maybe ten deep, conscious slow breaths of fresh air would do it.
big hug and enjoy that pizza.
T

Shell said...

I feel drained after my readings especially when I do parties. I think it's because we use a lot of spiritual and physical energy when we do readings. So you need to have a good meal and sleep to feel right again. Good divination takes a lot of work.

Kim said...

Oooh! Are those my chokers? I'm so excited!!!

Unknown said...

i dont feel drained after readings... if anything, i feel energized... charged up... ready to conquer the world. (come to think of it, i feel like that a lot :) ) but... i do feel spacey... like i've been in another place, as if the stitching around my borders has been stretched.... of course, i usually feel spacey :) ... so maybe that's why it doesn't occur to me to be a "negative" feeling...

Anonymous said...

I agree that the pizza sounds yummy!
It's been so long since I've done a reading...I'm almost embarrassed to say anything! I believe the time is right to re-connect with that part of me that's been shut away.....

Laura Rose said...

sounds like a 'grounding' thing! Try connecting to the earth mother more during the reading...but especially after...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone for your input! :)

I feel *together* _and_ super-charged this morning and I'm already dazzled at what I've accomplished.

I will raise my awareness on all fronts for my next reading. I only do multiple readings about four times a year, so that may play a role as well. ::shrugs:: Yet, this has been the pattern since I started reading for others in 1994.

Love ya'll!
☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

LiPeony said...

Mmm I had a bit pepperoni pizza slice a day ago and still craving more! I sort of know how you feel about the feeling weird after a a reading. I do it for fun but most of the time I'm drained and spacey after wards... someone said it was because I wasn't "protecting" myself and absorbing too much of the energy or allowing it to go though me too much are something... so people told me to imagine a protective bubble of light and it'll protect you from such effects... I don't know haven't done a reading for a while... =D

Kim said...

Yum, the pizza sounds wonderful.