Google+ What I Made Today: Fingerless Gloves & Goddesses

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fingerless Gloves & Goddesses

The boy and I are cooperating and multi-tasking this evening. He's preparing the salad as I type and I will get the scallops with rice noodles ready once this is posted. And in between cocktails, dinner prep and online foolishness, I'm teaching him to crochet and what fun that is! 

Today I finished a quick and easy project, a fingerless glove, made from an unworn scarf I unraveled. I LOVE fingerless gloves and have been wearing them long before their current trendy popularity. Tomorrow I start the match to this one - as best as I am able. I rock-n-rolled the "pattern" to this one and my notes are sketchy at best, but - hey - I kept it super-simple and these are utility gloves to me, so perfection of pattern is hardly a concern.  As long as they keep my chubby little croning hands warm!

I made three goddess figures today and I'm already anxious for the next. One is specifically for a lesson in the Be.Devine. class that I'm taking, and the other two just followed. These are the sort of projects that awake me during my sleep and beg attention.  

Can you see why? These are just formed and drying and will be sculpted further tomorrow, after I make at least one batch of soap. Then they'll be ... painted, collaged, embellished, loved ... we shall see ...

That's what I made today,

8 comments:

Laura Rose said...

holy crow, batman...i had no idea you were so talented (well in this area anyway)...must be a couple's night..."the man" made the chicken and I made the g.f. tri-colored pasta with broccoli!!!

Unknown said...

wow it must be a couples night... don made pear muffins... baked squash and bought the pork roast (haha) and i made the root veggies! :) and i LOVE fingerless gloves!!!!

Anonymous said...

You ARE super talented! I love both the glove and the figurines.

Kim said...

Does couples night count as I grocery shopped and he unloaded? How cool the boy is learning to crochet. The gloves are great and the goddesses beautiful.

Shell said...

I adore your Goddesses. I hope you'll share what they look like when completed.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you were teaching how to make those fabulous fingerless gloves - too cool!

Crystal said...

f couples nioght... He cooked, I poured the wine, and we had a bookstore adventure! Something in the air?

Sarah said...

I love your Goddesses. I have made a Venus of Woollendorf(spelled wrong I think!) She is lovely to hold-a really rounded shape.
Your soap looks delicious-if you know what I mean!