Google+ What I Made Today: Soap

Monday, January 5, 2009

Soap

Well, actually yesterday I made soap. Two batches. 

Today  I cut them. Both batches are made with water infused with calendula and rose petals.On batch is a blend of infused calendula oil with coconut and castor oil, lard and is scented with essential oil of patchouli. The second batch is made with the same water and solid fat base, and infused violet leaf oil, and scented with essential oils of tangerine and lavender. I have a strong sense that I will be making much more violet leaf oil this coming growing season.

I'm still learning and the lessons delight!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ive used one bar of the soap you gave me and i love the creamy mild feeling it has on my skin. it also smells nice in the shower! does violet leaf oil smell the same as violets?

Laura Rose said...

oooooh...sounds heavenly

Very Mary said...

Oh! Yes! I love it!

Crystal said...

Sounds delicious! I'm dying to learn!

Kim said...

and sounds wonderful

Tammie Lee said...

ummm, yum and delicious sounding!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

annie - thanks! I love how it came out too. It wouldn't any soap aesthetic points, but for use, it's so smooth, it lathers nice and has a fresh, clean scent! :)

As for violet leaf ... while the flower has such a subtle scent, the leaf is just green and earthy in scent. I add these infused oils for texture, feel and verve. And violet leaf is sooooooo silky and skin softening!

Thanks - EVERYone!

sarah said...

Mm.. this soap looks good enough to eat, what a wonderfully creative and colourful blog).