Google+ What I Made Today: ReDiscoveries

Thursday, January 21, 2010

ReDiscoveries

After I made headway on my chores and commitments today I did something I've not done in a long while. Recently I had noted in my journal to use pages for collage art from some of the old journals I still have hanging around (I don't keep them all). I was surprised to discover one journal from 2000, a pivotal year for me. It's a common lined-notebook and I wasn't sure how that might translate into collage. In any event, I began to read. It was 10-years ago in April that I completed two-thirds of my formal herbal studies and began my Transformational Energy Healing class. There are some remarkable insights noted in that book and I quickly realized why I had held onto this one.

I think the best line I've rediscovered thus far, with respect to healing realizations of the time, is: "Now there's a big ass plate of rancid raw meat to chew on, huh?" Funny stuff, that. Cracked me up!

I then made time to complete at least one page in my journal ...

... a page that sums up many of the sparkling facets past week quite nicely. That's what I made today.

Peace.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pages in your journal. Between you and Nikki I really want to get going on one. You bother are an inspiration. Just need to get to a store and find the right journal. I can't be picky with that stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

*can be picky

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks :) Here's a thought - Toss "Picky" to the wind and go for the freedom os Mess! How? Go to a thrift shop and get an old hardcover book with relatively sturdy pages ... and gesso them. You can even glue some pages together to make them more sturdy. What do you think about that?

Or there's always the little Moleskin that really is nice starting-out. After all, I often say "Start small." :)

Anonymous said...

A question for you, Rose. Have you used colored pencil on your gesso and does the gesso crack when your pages are bent?

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Rancid meat! That is an attention-getting phrase!!!

Jasmine said...

Ideas and dreams. A good basiss for a journal page :)

cabin + cub said...

Lovely! Always so fun to peek in other artist's journals and sketchbooks. ;)

Unknown said...

how beautiful... esp considering the line!!! cracked me up too!!! xox... miss you rose!!!

Pattie said...

I recently started a journal in french lol just so no one in my family can read it...for the exception of my sister lol

But I can never keep up with journals, I've only written one day worth

Nessa said...

That raw meat comment is excellent.

Boy Meets Girl in 55

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

astitchintime ... yes and no. :) Yes, I use them the watercolor pencils frequently on my gessoed pages. And No, so far I've not had any problems with cracking.

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Glad the "rancid meat" comment went over well.

And Patti, you know, even one word counts. Even one doodle counts. I find a little something, no matter how small helps to nurture my motivation and momentum! Whatever you do - have fun!

storybeader said...

it's fun to look back, and see exactly what you were thinking and drawing 10 years ago. Good for you to keeping the journals! {:-D

Sidereal Day said...

Inspiring!
I keep meaning to start a journal...no time like the present.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It is kinda fun storybeader. I don't keep them all, but I'm realizing that *this* one has resurfaced with perfect timing. :)

And that's right Lynn - no time like it!

Tammie Lee said...

Lovely to read your words
fun that we both have mist on our mind
yes someday you may just have to visit
xo

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Tammie ... maybe on my way to the artists' community that Annie is manifesting in Hawaii - heck, as long as I'm headin' west! :D