Google+ What I Made Today: Things

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things

Bless me readers for I have slacked. It has been five days since my last blog post. :)
I have been enjoying hibernation - in my own way - and taking a break from daily posts have been a part of that. After all, I've been blogging pretty darn steady since December 29, 2004. So I deserve a break from time to time, don't you think?
Nevertheless, I've been busy making things. In these past five days have:
  • Taught myself Tunisian crochet
  • Cooked, served and ate a beef heart (local and pasture-fed) for a first time experience
  • Played with inks and some very vibrant colors, another new experience
  • Completed several journal pages
  • Started painting some of the summer-made jewelry
  • Put some plans into action
  • Updated some stuff for our May Forest Folk camping event
  • Browsed through art books for ideas and inspiration
  • Shared time with my heathen friends for our monthly discussion group
  • Put away much of the holiday decorations, leaving out some seasonal color and light
  • Managed paperwork, some tax prep, laundry, cooking and other assorted housekeeping tasks
  • Sipped coffee, tea and tonight (this week's "Friday" night) cocktails
So even though I've been quiet here, I've making ... all sorts of things!
Peace.

11 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

yes take time off when it feels right! It has been 7 days off for me. Busy doing 'other' things. Lovely to have you back.

Jane Loedding, Artist & Owner said...

Lovely work...you're so talented!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We all need a break from time to time but it sounds like you were pretty busy. Like what you've made.

Cupcake Mama said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Lovely crafts...

Jasmine said...

I love the things you have made. And less you for feeling you need to justify a little break! We are human and if it ecomes a chore does it give the same pleasure?

I posted your parcel on Monday so it should reach you very soon :)

Lynne said...

Yes, you definitely deserve time off! Sounds like you were very busy during your down time too!

C.W. Wolf said...

You are already so Blessed but I will send you more any time my friend ;)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks all - for your sweet comments (you know I love them!). A little holiday from even the best of Medicine is not without some benefit or lesson - and sometimes it just feels "good" and "right." :) Peace.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

And Jasmine - I'm looking forward to it! :D

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Sometimes we just need a break for all the other things that occupy our time!

Glad to see you posting, though :O)

Together We Save said...

Hope you enjoyed your break... your work is beautiful!!