Google+ What I Made Today: Another Start

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Start


Today, among other things, I made another start to a journal page. My kitchen is tiny and I invest a lot of time and energy there. In turn, that little room offers a great deal to me and my home. It is a room in which something is always brewing, simmering, roasting, baking, fermenting ... it is a room that fills the rest of my little hut with aromas, warmth, nourishment, memories, love ...

Tomorrow I'll add more. To the kitchen and to the page.

Peace.

8 comments:

Babamoon said...

gorgeous blog and work!, i love your style its very beautiful. thatnks for showing me your blog ^_^

storybeader said...

very nice! May I ask, which can first, the drawing or the background. I'm not very savvy on these things... {:-D

brandi said...

~nothing like the bond a kitchen can create...as you said very well indeed...tis a place where so much lies within it...truly a magical space to be...love your journal page...brightest blessings~

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Moonangelnay - and you are very welcome. :)

storybeader - the background came first, which is my usual, though not exclusive habit.

Yes, faerwillow, the kitchen *is* a special space.

Jen said...

Love it!

The more time that passes the more my kitchen means to me.

Reeni said...

Our kitchen is tiny and it is the center of all our activities. I love the way you described yours. Beautiful.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I'm confident that it is those who know that food is far more than physiological nourishment who are the ones that hold their kitchens as special spaces ... dare I say, Sacred Ground. :)

Zom said...

It is beautiful.