Google+ What I Made Today: Art and Seed Connections

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art and Seed Connections


Today we put the new cold frame that The Boy made out on the deck. I put my onions out for a bit to begin their acclimation to the cooler temps that they prefer. I ran a couple errands that included picking up some seed starting medium so I can start the brassicas tomorrow.

Once home, I joined Effy online for a little creative live streaming "Book of Days" fun, and enjoy the artful community. As I watched and listened, I paged through a journal that had drawings from last summer. With plants and seeds and soil on my mind … and art in my heart, I added color and interest to an image I captured at a ::sigh:: summer farmers' market last season.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great day!

Alicia Louise McKitis Tremper said...

Have I ever told you hat you inspire me?! :)

Unknown said...

What a joy it must be to be able to draw and paint. Love it!

Shadow Dog Designs said...

And the cycle of life continues . . . wish I have a place for a big garden here - will have to make do with containers and reading your wonderful blog :)

Jan Conwell said...

I enjoy your garden vicariously in the summer, because by then our is dead from the heat. Our brassicas are almost finished, and now we have tomatoes in the ground!

Enjoy the cycle, and the art. :~)

charlie b. said...

Nice!! I need to get my paints out one of these days. Oh, for more hours in the day! I did get some onions seeded indoors on Saturday and my chinese cabbage has sprouted.

Julie L. Cleveland said...

Very nice way to spend the day! Thank you for taking us on your journey with you. Julie and Blu

Tammie Lee said...

sounds like a wonderful day Rose ~

Gayle said...

Good Job!! I am so excited to even be thinking about cold frames and seeds!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

You're so sweet, Alicia. :)

Shadow Dog, container gardening is wonderful!

Enjoy your fading garden, Jan!

How exciting, charlie b!

Thank you, one and all, for your sweet comments!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

So interesting. It looks like you pasted on strips torn from something printed

earthen-magic said...

...quiet inspired blessings for thee ~ your creative muse ~ is soul inviting ~ sending sun bubbles your way!...
...xXx...