Google+ What I Made Today: MySelf Feel Good

Friday, November 20, 2009

MySelf Feel Good


My mother asked me for more of my herbal cream and since I'm visiting her next week I figured I'd better get on this task. So today I made a water infusion of organic calendula flowers (dried and fresh), pink rose petals and green tea leaves as a preparation to my luscious winter skin cream. I blended the oils of infused calendula, coconut, a bit of lanolin and castor oil, and bees wax.
The strained infusion was blended with the warm oils, and essential oils (of carrot seed and patchouli), and vitamin E were all added to the mix. The finished product was lovingly poured into jars where they cooled. They were capped, labeled and are now ready to nourish and protect my skin, and my mother's, as the drying winter season begins creeping in.

The best part to making this cream is taking a nice shower, then slathering my body with all that I can scrape out of the blender vessel. It feels so good. So very, very good. That's what I made today.

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so awesome. It sound wonderful.

Nessa said...

I bet the place smelled really good too.

Flash 55 - Favors

Divaeva said...

mmmmm sounds so wonderful! I have been using my pumpkin scented lotion from Essensu - but it's almost gone - going to have to hunt down a new one soon!

tarabu said...

mmmmmm. . . . lovely. I didn't even make dinner!

Erica said...

that sounds wonderful...(drooling)

Cupcake Mama said...

Sounds scrumptious!

Kim said...

Ahhhh! Long sigh of contentment!

wendy said...

hi, i'm new to your blog. could only envy you from here. i have skin allergy whenever winter comes. i'm glad in a tropical country now...

Unknown said...

oh my! luxurious