Google+ What I Made Today: Pleasure in Memories

Friday, October 29, 2010

Pleasure in Memories


I was traveling last week, visiting my mom, and while I was there I made more doodles in my art journal. I also reviewed past entries and discovered some from July that begged for color, like this one of her hutch. Today I finished adding color to it. One thing I love about the ink doodles in my art journals is that I get to revisit each one and add fanciful color - or not - and when I do I take such pleasure in the childhood memories of meditative time and space invested in coloring books.

Peace.

9 comments:

Brizel Handcrafts said...

I love the color silhouette style - it really draws me in with delight :)

Cheri said...

Love this...the colors and warmth remind me of home!

Maria said...

Very inviting. Love the colors! Like Fiesta ware. :)

Sharkbytes said...

The colors and shapes are so basic... It's a very comforting image.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Your journal page is lovely! The colors and the warmth and the love just radiates from it. Theresa

Jewels, Journals & Fine Art said...

Finally made the time to enjoy your entries. I find them to be a tonic to relaxing. Peace to you too, Gracie

Tammie Lee said...

journaling and coloring really is a lovely meditation.

I hope you had a lovely day celebrating your life.

xx

suzanne cabrera said...

A lovely dose of color, indeed!

suzanne cabrera said...

A lovely dose of color, indeed!