Google+ What I Made Today: Headway on a Fresh Project

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Headway on a Fresh Project

Today I made headway with a fresh project - like I need another one. A couple years back I made myself small embellished notebooks à la mixed-media, the kind of notebooks that you toss in your purse or pocket and always have to jot down ideas, ToDos and ToGets … you know - notes! I have only one left, after I use up the one that's in my purse that is.

Over the past few weeks more than a few folks noticed it and commented how much they liked it and one asked me why I don't offer them for sale in my shops. It was a fair question - made me wonder. So, if I'm happy with the way any of these turn out they may just show up at my Zibbet shop or ArtFire studio … we shall see.

So along with some braising greens still from the garden, that's what I made today. Peace.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

They are very beautiful, Rose.
Great gifts for the person on your gift list that has everything (we all have at least one of those).

Kim said...

Awesome project. I'm always carrying a notebook with me but none as pretty as yours.

Plantress said...

I like the books. I thought of you this weekend. I got out there and started dismantling the garden-cutting back, pruning etc. The pile grew and grew. By the time it got to a dump truck load I thought about taking a picture and entitling it "what I made today"
:)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Those are beautiful! I just use cut up pieces of paper that's still blank on one side.

Reeni said...

I have a whole bunch of little notebooks like that! I make lists in them all day long - they are a necessity. Would love to see some in your shop!

Healing Woman said...

I really like the idea that your notebook covers reflect the nature that you use in your clay pieces. The leaf on the cover is especially beautiful.

Laura Rose said...

They are beautiful! I'm always searching for paper to jot ides down on! :)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

They are most beautiful. I think they'd make great gifts - perhaps you should offer them for sale. :) Theresa

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!