Google+ What I Made Today: Carrot Goodness

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Carrot Goodness

There really weren't enough carrots to do a heavy mulch for winter harvesting, so yesterday I dug up the last of the garden carrots. Today I washed them and some were grated into salad, some roasted, some simmered and a few were simply nibbled. Some will be pureed to go in to tonight's polenta sauce, with garden sage and freshly grated nutmeg. Some will hit the freezer. And some will sit in the refrigerator crisper until they are summoned.

That's what I made today. Peace.


6 comments:

Dori T said...

Good looking carrots. I love carrots right from the garden. Yummmmm.

Kim said...

Yum! Seems all I can say to your posts lately.

Healing Woman said...

These are about the healthiest looking carrots I've ever seen. (Yes, I do believe a carrot can look healthy) I know you grew them organically too. They are just beautiful.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Yum! I love carrots! Haven't had garden ones since my dad died (1976)

Unknown said...

Ahh what I wouldn't do for fresh carrots to cook with...

JDConwell said...

Our canine pal Schultz would be following you everywhere with these...he loves anything from the garden, and carrots especially! :~)