Google+ What I Made Today: Pumpkin Custard

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Custard

Today I roasted one of my pumpkins, pureed the delicious pulp, froze two fat quarts …

… and made pumpkin custard, which I served with a little coconut milk, since some was left over from the ::gasp:: recipe.

Yes, contrary to usual mode, I (mostly) followed a recipe to make this, an adaptation of my old herbal friend, Cindy Baker's recipe from her book, The Get Real Cookbook.

Pumpkin Custard
2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1 cup water
6 egg yokes
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 cups of pumpkin puree (I don't measure, I eyeball)
cinnamon
ginger
clove


Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to sit and dissolve while you … in a sauce pan, whisk the egg yokes into the coconut milk over medium heat, add the sugar and continue whisking until thick. Blend in the pumpkin puree, remove from heat and add the gelatin water and spices (to taste) and blend well. Pour into individual servers, or into a pie plate (for a crustless, pie), or into anything you like. Refrigerate until firm. Serve in anyway in which you are inspired. Makes 8-10 servings … or less.

That's what I made today. Peace.

16 comments:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

OMG I luv pumpkin anything and that looks YUMMO!

Seedplanter Designs said...

My stomach growled instantly when I saw your photo. It looks delicious! Pumpkin is good for you, too. So there you have it.

FlightFancy said...

Sounds so yummy, wrote this one down to try! Thanks

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

That looks SO good.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Looks SO delicious! I shall have to try this. Thanks! Theresa

Unknown said...

Oooh.. That Looks Delicious ;)
Aka Gingerlyspice

Kim said...

Yum

JDConwell said...

Yum. Saving recipe (redacting for low-carb)

Healing Woman said...

Yum! I'm going to make this-wish I had my own home grown pumpkin to use. It's gotta taste better if you grew it yourself. Thanks for the recipe.

brandi said...

~do you know what will be served this day...oh my goodness...can i give you a huge hug for sharing this...it looks deliciously beautiful....much l♥ve and light upon you always~

Rose Clearfield said...

Yum! That sounds amazing!

Tammie Lee said...

oh yum!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh you are an angel. When I saw the headline of your post I could not get to you page fast enough. This sounds heavenly - thank you!

Yannie said...

This reminds me of squash candy. And it makes me crave right now. Maybe I'll try the recipe this weekend. Thanks for sharing

Mama Kelly aka Jia said...

this looks really yummy!! and so pretty in the serving dish

Reeni said...

What a delicious dessert! Your reminded me I have to get to work roasting my pumpkins!